I am a member of the Empty Nesters Society. I didn't even want to join this club -- but the club inducted me anyway.
Both my children have left home -- one went to college and later got married, and the other is currently in college. As I am adjusting to this new chapter of my life, though, I've realized that:
- I have a lot more free time
- I still don't have any extra money
- I have a lot less laundry
- I now have 2 extra bedrooms
- I am no longer the "Mom Taxi"
- I can now fix a salad (or even broccoli) for dinner
- I am not a sissy
I guess I'm what you might call a "tweener" -- I feel 18 in my head, but my body says "get in the real world!". Too young for retirement, but still getting those AARP invitations in the mail. And, skinny cashiers asking if I want the senior citizen discount. (sometimes I say "yes" just for the heck of it!)
If:
- you watched the First Man on the Moon Neil Armstrong on a black and white TV
- you couldn't decide if you would marry Bobby Sherman or David Cassidy
- you realized Edith Bunker was pretty deep sometimes
then hopefully my rants and raves might bring a smile, a tear, or a special memory your way.
WE BELONG TO A SPECIAL GROUP. Embrace your membership.
Til next time!
This is great stuff! And I guess I really don't fit into this club, since I don't know who Bobby Sherman was, and I've only heard of David Cassidy! This is funny! Keep writing!
ReplyDelete