Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A NEW SPACE

What color do I want?  As I looked around my daughter's old bedroom, I tried to imagine a space of my own where I could go to be creative, read, or just have a change of scenery.  I started to think "Woman Cave" (without the belching, of course).    Even though I'm not a good painter, I decided to take action.

Before


I knew I wanted a "dusty plum" and vanilla colors, so a trip to the home improvement store was in order.  All I had to do was ask my husband if he wanted to go and he had the pickup moving before I could get in.

As I looked at paint samples, I saw a postcard size flyer that read "Top 10 Empty Nest Colors".   I flipped it over, and lo and behold, my "dusty plum" color was there.  The vanilla was on there, too.  Wow!  Are we empty nesters that predictable?  If so, I can't wait for the "Top 10 Republican Party Member Colors" and "Top 10 Discovery Channel Viewer Colors" to come out!

After we got home, I got the needed supplies together; trim paintbrush, roller, tray and dropcloth.  And then, as I dipped the paint brush down into the Empty Nest Color I was apparently destined to have, the heavens parted and my husband said those 3 little beautiful words I secretly hoped for....... "Let Me Help".

More loving words have never been spoken.  Now, I could have insisted on doing it myself, but I gladly gave him my brush.  In the back of my mind, I remembered an old saying that goes,  You Can Teach a Man To Fish, but Tell A Man His Wife is Painting ...... (or something like that)

Til next time,



After



No comments:

Post a Comment