Friday, January 20, 2012

HOT CHOCOLATE AND COZY EVENINGS

60 More Days Til Spring, Ladies!


Winter blasts have been hitting all across the country and I hope all of you are safe, healthy and able to actually enjoy (at least a little bit) some of the seasonal beauty.

Spring starts March 20 this year, and I love to watch my tulips and hyacinths start poking their heads out of the ground.  But in the meantime, what to do, what to do?

Sometimes I question my sanity as to why I live in the snowbelt.  My husband could just as easily been from someplace with a beach, right?  But this year I will "go with the flow". No sense fighting something you can't change anyway.  This is the perfect time for snuggling, mall walking, and having great conversations with your kids. I am also going to suggest you do something really radical -- THROW A SNOWBALL AT SOMEONE (like your significant other).  It will make you giggle, and more than likely start the GREAT SNOWBALL CONFLICT of 2012.

Here are a few things I have on my own "Cabin Fever Cure" List (in no particular order):

 1.  Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
 2.  Playing "competitive" games of Scrabble and Euchere
 3.  Organizing/labeling all those photos I've had developed at WalMart
 4.  Doing something nice for someone else
 5.  Taking a long bubble bath
 6.  Reading that book you haven't had time to start - my Mom gave me The Help
 7.  Paint that extra bedroom you now have and make it your own space
 8.  Exercise
 9.  Try some new recipes or create your own nutritious "comfort food"
10. Explore a new hobby -- I am learning to sew and finding it really fun!
11. Call your girlfriends and have a night "in"
12. Write a Blog! (Hello?  Is anyone reading this?)

Let me know how you are beating the Winter Blues!  We're all in the same sled.

Til next time

1 comment:

  1. I like #1 and #8 the best, but hopefully they don't off-set each other! :)

    ReplyDelete